Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I love hugs and I grew up thinking that everyone does too! I have recently learned that not everyone is comfortable with hugs. This is interesting because hugging comes so naturally to me. I’ve even done research on this matter to understand why some people don’t enjoy this. Some say it’s a cultural thing, some say it’s more of a personal thing.

Are you a hugger? If not, I’m really curious to know why! :)

posted about 7 years ago
SilvaeSanchez
New_user SilvaeSanchez is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When SilvaeSanchez reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
SilvaeSanchez

Well it depends a lot on the culture. For example I’m mexican and we hug and kiss a lot. For example when you’re introduced to someone you say hi, shake hands and kiss your cheek, if you got along good with that person when you say goodbye you can kiss on the cheek and hug…

When I went to the US for an internship I was shocked on how no one kissed or hugged… Eventually I gave up :(

posted about 7 years ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I agree with SilvaeSanchez, it depends on the culture. I’m Chinese and honestly we don’t really hug or kiss. I mean the more Americanized Chinese generation might have adapted to hugs and kisses, but as for the traditional ones, they don’t do it at all. I personally love hugs also, makes me feel loved. Haha

posted about 7 years ago

jwhoa
Style_council
jwhoa

I’m kind of weird about people touching me… I tend to avoid it. I don’t usually initiate hugs but I do enjoy warm, genuine hugs

posted almost 7 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I’m not a hugger, because I grew up without my dad’s affection and it was really hard.I only hug the persons I really love, not everyone.

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

I used to not hug because we grew up in a traditional Chinese family.

However, as we have incorporated more of the Western values, we hug more as a family. Also, I have now become a hugger : ).

There is scientific evidence that when you hug, you emit oxytocin, which contributes to feelings of love and closeness!

CiaraBaron
Style_council
CiaraBaron

I am a hugger, but I don’t force people to hug me! Some people like their personal space, and I respect that.

IvanaOsmond
Style_council
IvanaOsmond

just sometimes

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password