Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

What do you guys think of it? Any opinions?

posted almost 8 years ago
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I agree that there are things that need to be changed, and I’m amazed at how people are so passionate about improving this country. I support most of their demands, especially the ones about improving the Education system. I only wish there wasn’t any violence going on through all this.

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’m not indifferent to the movement itself, but what really pisses me off is the ignorant opposition. I’m not saying all that oppose it are ignorant to its motives, but the tacky t-shirts that say: Occupy a desk job, Occupy your parent’s house, etc. (as an alternative to the streets, as occupiers do) really irk me. A bunch of my Facebook friends post things from right-wing journalists that harshly criticize it as a nuisance, unnecessary, etc. For the most part, I do agree with it.

missmiami
Style_council
missmiami

I was in New York when the whole movement started and seeing it first hand honestly inspired me. I am a registered green party member and very liberal so I fit well into the academics of the whole thing, but I really think these kids have something. This country needs change.. things are getting really vile. People becoming unemployed at alarming rates, kids graduating college to find themselves working for minimum wage, is easy to see why people are losing hope. One thing I do wish is that the group was a little more organized. They did want to be “leaderless” but you need some kinda a group steering the masses. It was amazing to watch this movement spread like wildfire around the world, it something people cannot ignore.

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I’m all for it, however I believe that the people actually marching should be a little more respectful and courteous of other who still have things to do. The movement has been stopped in my state, but there still are people screaming out their windows and vandalizing properties. I think they are taking it to a whole new level.

DistrictOfLights
Style_council
DistrictOfLi...

I agree that things need to be changed but… the way that the Occupy Movement is going about it is just wrong. There’s way more violence, things aren’t really getting done, and it’s actually causing people to lose business/feel less safe.

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

There was an “Occupy UCR” event going on at my school on Thursday! I walked past it a few times but Thursday is my busy day! But there were news cameras everywhere and I saw students standing in the middle of the road to force cars to stop for them and here their protests! It was pretty crazy!

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

the problem isn’t wall street, if they’re fighting against the gap between rich and poor. It should be occupy congress, because they are the ones creating tax breaks. If they’re fighting against corrupt business practices, then they should occupy wallstreet. In the end, I do not think it will be successful and I think they went about it the wrong way.

MissIffa
Style_council
MissIffa

I am for them, all the way!
Click here click here click here!

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I have my opinion in another thread here. I was part of a campus where the police used savage brute force—they treated peaceful students like wild animals. I honestly can’t see the police in the same light anymore. Yeah they’re good for telling teens to stop smoking, answering complaints from that mean cat lady in your neighborhood, handing out tickets for traffic rules they violate all the time, making sure people don’t shoot up banks.. but when they start hurting the people they “protect”, there shouldn’t be so much of a grey area for them.

as for occupy in general, any protest is bound to draw extremists and anarchists, so I don’t think the movement as a whole should be judged by their behaviors. but it’s too disorganized to do much other than bring issues into the public eye

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password