SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
HowDoYouWearIt
Style_council
HowDoYouWearIt

I need a really good plan so i can eat 5 fruits and vegetables today to be healthy! any ideas?

posted almost 8 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Eat dishes that have multiple servings of vegetables, like stir-fry, stew, or soup. For example, if you make a thick soup with onions, celery, and carrot, that’s three vegetables right there. And making your own fruit smoothies in the blender is a great way to get a bunch of fruit at once.

Cut up carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumber, bell peppers, or any other vegetable you like eating raw and keep them in cups in the fridge where they’re easy to grab. Keep fresh fruit out on the counter where you can see it. That way when you’re hungry you’re more likely to grab fruits or veggies instead of something else.

Sneak in vegetables wherever they’ll still taste okay. Put lettuce and tomato on your sandwich, for example. You can even do things like substitute cooking oil with applesauce when you bake.

posted almost 8 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I always add extra veggies to my pasta sauce. Beans, peas, carrots, or spinach are great on pasta! Of course, I don’t eat pasta every day :P

A good way to do it is to make things that can have veggies added in, like scrambled eggs, rice, soup, etc. Put bananas or another soft fruit on your toast in the morning, and yogurt is great with just about any kind of fruit!

Like MurasakiNeko suggested, use applesauce instead of oil when you’re baking. Mashed sweet potatoes work well, too! I’ve found sweet potatoes and beans can be substituted for meat in a lot of dishes! I LOVE sweet potatoes though, so maybe I am biased, lol

posted over 7 years ago

vintageobsession
Style_council
vintageobses...

Well, one way is to eat dried fruit. I usually neglect them due to pure laziness, so I eat a LOT of dried fruit because it’s so convenient.

posted over 7 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Make a smoothie every morning! You’ll get at least half or more of your servings over in one go.

posted over 7 years ago

anyelina
Style_council
anyelina

Smoothies are a good way to have fruits ,,,, and i snack on baby carrots , celery and broccoli or u can add more veggies when preaparing meals .

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password