SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Health

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I have been suffering from anxiety for a couple of years. My stress level has been through the roof lately and my anxiety is at its worst. I don’t believe in taking medication for it. I need help trying to find ways to get rid of this burden without any pills or hypnosis. I want it to be a healthy and natural healing process.

posted almost 7 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Therapy is definitely your best bet. Like depression, anxiety is one of those things that can be really hard to fix by yourself. I’ve suffered from both and found that having someone else help me through it was the most effective. I think of therapy as having a mediator between myself and my brain. Also, cut back on your caffeine intake, if you are a coffee or tea drinker. This can give you symptoms similar to anxiety attacks and will also make anxiety attacks seem worse.

If you don’t have time or money for therapy then exercise. Do anything! Go for a walk, a run, a swim, do yoga in your living room; anything to release that energy! Exercise is a great way to calm your mind and release natural feel-good hormones in your brain. You’ve probably heard of the “Runner’s high”, well it’s totally real and feels great!

ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

My advice would be to find a close friend who has been through a similar time. Even if you don’t have a friend who has had anxiety problems, your friends will still be there for you. Having a strong support system and friends and family will help.
I tend to be a person that stresses out a lot, and sometimes I just need to take a step back and ask myself if what’s bothering me is worth the stress. I know it sound impossible to tell yourself not to stress, but reminding myself that everything is going to be okay is enough to calm me down.
Good luck and I hope you take care of your stress! <3

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

i had post a similar topic a few months ago ill post the link here,there are tons of answers

xxxrays
New_user xxxrays is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When xxxrays reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
xxxrays

i suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and panic disorder, so i know how you’re feeling!

i went to therapy for awhile. the only thing i gained from it was meditation, yoga, and journaling. journaling when anxious is the best cure, i swear.

i don’t want to be on medication either. it can mess you up long term. i recently found hyland’s nerve tonic. it’s homeopathic and you can get it at a lot of stores over the counter. no side effects, it just relaxes the muscles to make you feel calmer for awhile!

good luck, i hope you feel better.

posted over 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password