Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
akwon
Style_council
akwon

I’ve noticed people aren’t wearing leggings as much now and instead wearing tights so I was wondering, are they finally out of style??

posted almost 11 years ago
1 2
17HandsHigh
Style_council
17HandsHigh

tights are a bit cooler for warmer weather. leggings were still big in the winter, just tucked into boots usually

posted over 9 years ago

notwithoutincident
Style_council
notwithoutin...

I don’t get why people wear leggings when tights are right.there. Ugh.

vf

posted over 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

LEGGINGS ARE NOT TO BE USED AS PANTS. They are an UNDER layer. as in, UNDER a dress. NOT instead of a layer. That is all. :-)

posted over 9 years ago

dorotron
Style_council
dorotron

Sheer leggings/tights are very in right now :)

posted over 9 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

i think they’re okay.

posted over 9 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

i think they’re okay.

posted over 9 years ago

sun_doll
Style_council
sun_doll

I’m a huge fan of tights in all patterns and colours but I really push the same angle as Reybeltane – They really have to be worn under something not just as pants.

posted over 9 years ago

ajbrockm
Style_council
ajbrockm

I truly think they have for the most part, especially the lacy bottom and mid-calf versions. The only way I like them now is with long buttoned tunics that are still too short to wear tights with.

posted over 9 years ago

KatieBurry
Style_council
KatieBurry

I disagree! I think leggings are still very in style! They have to be done right, of course, but I have two pairs and dearly want more! They are great! <3

posted over 9 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I’m wearing my leggings right now! They are very useful for cold weather but I think tights are preferable during this time of year =]

posted over 9 years ago

Sparklz
Style_council
Sparklz

I still love leggings! They might not be as popular now… but I think come fall they will be all the rage again… lol.

posted over 9 years ago

bohoAnDrA
Style_council
bohoAnDrA

I don’t think they’re out..not yet. Their worst appearance on the street is as pants..way to many girls think that’s ok (and more so they pair them with a stretchy blouse !?!). But they still are very useful sometimes…for me for example they are great in the summer. I’m not comfortable showing my legs to the world :D, but I still want to wear a skirt or short dress from time to time, so they come in handy. The texture and thickness of the legging is very important. Te thick cotton ones don’t seem to be in such a big demand (witch is good from my point of view), the polyamide ones look great at around 50-40DEN, and the thinner ones, with all sorts of patterns (especially dots or flowers) seem to be in the top…it’s basically the same as with the tights style, but you can have the advantage of easily wearing them with sandals.
I’m really looking for a pair…around 40-30DEN and maybe with some texture patterns, hope I’ll find some :)

posted over 9 years ago

kat18
Style_council
kat18

I agree,I think some people may still use it as a base,but I also think that denim leggings (or jeggings) are really popular right now because they look like skinny jeans (if your wearing a long shirt or tunic no one notices).

posted over 9 years ago

Julia154
Style_council
Julia154

I think with summer coming up they’ll be too practical to be out of style, especially with long tops on cooler summer nights.

posted over 9 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Now that i’ve been wearing leggings for the past few years, I never want to get rid of them!! They’re so useful. I wear them with long tshirts and cardis when i’m at my bf or my friends’ houses bumming around, as they look way better than track pants! They are also great for autumn/ winter and days where you want to wear a dress but it’s too cold for just tights. I don’t care if they go out of style!!

posted over 9 years ago

meghaneverafter
Style_council
meghaneverafter

I finally found my pair after like SIX MONTHS of searching, so I can’t wait to bring them out again. But, where last year I would wear them with like a dress, I’ll be wearing them with more tunic-y kind of stuff.

posted over 9 years ago

sallym
Style_council
sallym

They’re okay if they are used for a dress that’s too short, or a long shirt, etc… but if they are jeggings or something hideous of that nature, then it is totally out.

posted over 9 years ago

THEALENS
Style_council
THEALENS

NEVEEER!!! they are the best thing ever! it’s like beign nude but not! lol

posted over 9 years ago

hogwartsandaphoenix
Style_council
hogwartsanda...

Pfft, leggings. I’ll take the sheer/lace/opaque/patterned (footed) tights, please.

posted over 9 years ago

Starhill
Style_council
Starhill

cant live without them

posted over 9 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password