Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 23272 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 23272 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Yay or nay?

If yay, how do you wear yours? (i.e. with what accessories, what prints, etc.)

posted over 10 years ago
1 2 4
michelle_kj
Style_council
michelle_kj

Yay, but it depends on the person I think.

I’m short but I found a lovely maxi dress for us little ones at Zara and it was so beautiful and flowy. I think that maxi dresses are perfect for summer.

posted over 10 years ago

Averleigh
Style_council
Averleigh

I agree with jaded. It’s a definite nay.

posted over 10 years ago

mstetten
Style_council
mstetten

I love maxi-dresses… on people who can pull them off.

When it’s overpowering, nay.

If the print is bold, I think accessories are too much.
You’ll look like a hot mess. Which is not a good thing. ;)

posted over 10 years ago

CRiSPYlala
Style_council
CRiSPYlala

nay!

I HATE maxi dresses! I think.. this look needs to stay back in the 70s? (I think that is when it first came out… I don’t remember.)

to me, they’re just awkward looking.

posted over 10 years ago

zkaps2793
Style_council
zkaps2793

Yay, but I do have one difference. I like to wear a super long skirt and a v-neck top….it looks like a maxi dress, but It feels a lot more comfortable for someone who is unsure of taking the full risk with a maxi dress.

posted over 10 years ago

Gypsy05
Style_council
Gypsy05

If maxi dresses are your thing. You have to check out Gypsy05.com. From silks to organic cotton with awesome tie dyes and solids, these maxi are simply the best.

posted almost 10 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

I don’t like them at all :(

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I think they’re super cute, but I think I’m too short for them! I wish I could wear them!!

Sashi
Style_council
Sashi

i love maxi dresses but unfortunately i missed em when they came out im still looking for them for when i go for summer vacation or just summer in general. They are definitely a yay.. i would wear it with a tee or wife beather or tank top or juss nothing juss the dress depends on ur field and so on.. i would wear it with flat sandals

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

yay cuz i think they’re really cute and pretty

but nay that i can’t wear them cuz i’m too short [[5’1"….life is cruel T^T ]]
but my cousin’s friend can pull it off and she’s only a couple of inches taller than me >__< :jealous:

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I personally haven’t seen too many people rock them, and I’m in New York City! I think it can work if you’re tall (5’8" and up) with a column body. Other than that, they look a bit odd.

shoegirlath
Style_council
shoegirlath

So fashionable!

posted over 9 years ago

imfat
Style_council
imfat

I don’t like maxi dresses :x

posted over 9 years ago

arnyfull
Style_council
arnyfull

i am dy’n to shop for more maxi..aheheh

posted over 9 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I did hate them but they’re starting to grow on me, now that there’s a lot more selection in the shops than just tribal prints (which until this year was just about the only style shops near me seemed to stock). The jersey and floral ones are starting to appeal to me. I tried a jersey one on today just for the sake of it and was surprised that the length actually looked ok on me (I’m very short). I don’t think I’m ready to buy a jersey one though as the material is kinda clingy.

posted over 9 years ago

eminemmx
Style_council
eminemmx

Undoubtedly a nay, I don’t think they look flattering on anybody, they just tend to swamp anybody who wears them.

posted over 9 years ago

pocketfullofsunshine
Style_council
pocketfullof...

Yay.

Who really cares if your short! Look at DulceCandy she is 4"9 and can pull one off!

posted over 9 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

i could never pull that off

posted over 9 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I’d love to, they look chic and comfy, but I’m afraid of them also making me look too short.

posted over 9 years ago

notwithoutincident
Style_council
notwithoutin...

I’ve never tried one on because I’d always assumed I’d be too short for them, but this thread makes me go out and find one, just to see if it’s true :D

vf

posted over 9 years ago

sydie_star
Style_council
sydie_star

I would say that people with a longer appearance can pull maxi dresses off better….but there’s no shame in anyone wearing them just around…they’re so comfy!!!

posted over 9 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

I agree with sydie_star i think, the taller you are the better they look on you! but that didnt stop me haha! i am 5ft1 and i bought mine last week. I think it looks fine on short people, you just gotta wear high wedges haha! Tintin08 i’d say go for it! I know that when I eventually wear mine out, i am gunna do it with my head held high haha! confidence, thats all you need.

posted over 9 years ago

rocket_girl
Style_council
rocket_girl

I haven’t got the courage to wear mine out yet, lol.

posted over 9 years ago

fashionfidelity051
Style_council
fashionfidel...

I like them – I have a colourful one & just a palin black one.

I find they are really easy to work with and I love wearing them in summer when i’m feeling lazy :p

posted over 9 years ago

sweetoblivion
Style_council
sweetoblivion

I have a really cute tan colored one that I got from Papaya. But, I haven’t worn it out yet…I think I would keep it really simple, like with a bangle bracelet and a short necklace. The maxi dress is a vneck.

posted over 9 years ago
1 2 4
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password