Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ubercherryred
Style_council
ubercherryred

I just got some sweet little french connection green jeans. I’m a fan of coloured denim jeans with neutrally type tops (i have purple, red, white, grey etc etc.)
So, are they totally out by now??
What do i do to keep them fresh, i love them so much!!

posted over 11 years ago
annabel
Style_icon
annabel

i STILL want colorful jeans! i’m drooling over this pair of red acid wash high waisted cheap mondays… ughhh i need $$!

posted over 11 years ago

lagrima
Style_council
lagrima

lately i have no urge to wear mine out :( i have yellow, red and green!

posted over 11 years ago

littlemissR
Style_council
littlemissR

i lost my urge too :( in school practically everyone has them! i have electric blue and purple!

posted over 11 years ago

fashionispoison
Style_icon
fashionispoison

I have electric blue, purple, and white (if that counts). I wear them just coz I love them!

posted over 11 years ago

New_user 4991 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 4991 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I have bright green ones from Lux—never wear them, they feel like such a novelty of the past, so I’m thinking of either bleaching them or dying them.

posted over 11 years ago

emilyinthebigcity
Style_council
emilyinthebi...

I would say out, or at least on the way out, quickly—but it’s one of those things that you should wear because you love them, not because they’re in.

posted over 11 years ago

jwhoa
Style_council
jwhoa

I have green jeans too! I still think that colored jeans are fabulous. I’m not into the electrically shocking brights though.

posted over 11 years ago

lagentillelune
Style_council
lagentillelune

I think colored jeans are not a novelty as long as you don’t wear them as if they are one. For example, wearing colored jeans in a unique way with personalized acessories is not over, done or out. I would say if you have doubts about a trend though, maybe investing in such volatile pieces is not the way to go.

posted over 11 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

If you love them, they’re in. I think it’s about wearing things you like regardless of the trends. Besides you can still make colored jeans look “fresh” and unique, skip the printed tee and graphic hoodie and wear a dress or something else different over top.

posted over 11 years ago

ubercherryred
Style_council
ubercherryred

yeah, cool. I think its just that i do see loads of kids in them lately. Where i live is quite somber, noone my age would ever wear red jeans!

posted over 11 years ago

afinefrenzy
Style_council
afinefrenzy

I have red ones and they’re so soft. I’m not ready to give them up yet. I also have electric blue, white, and teal. I can never find anything to wear my teal ones with though. Bummerr.

posted over 11 years ago

DeCeal
Style_council
DeCeal

Ive always loved them, but I wear it less now because so many people have them. Ive seen girls with hot pink pants wearing them with hot pink beads, hot pink bangles, and hot pink shoes. Very tacky how it all matches in my opinion. I have mint green, red, gray, and white. When I wear the colored ones, its usually the only color on me.

posted over 11 years ago

dunkelbunt
Style_council
dunkelbunt

last year i bought red ones, a long time before they became “in”. i haven’t worn them for ages because i really don’t like this whole coloured jeans mania .. looks kind of ridiculous, doesn’t it?
but .. i still love my red lovelies :)

posted over 11 years ago

ScreachingRat
Style_council
ScreachingRat

I agree with ClothesHorse, if you like it and it looks good on you, it’s in. If you love colored jeans by all means wear them. We all wear blue jeans, and black jeans, so why not change it up?
I tried on the most beautiful pair of electric blue true religion jeans a year or two ago, unfortunately, I didn’t have the $200+ to burn…

posted over 11 years ago

New_user 6794 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 6794 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

If they look hot, wear them. I don’t think something like colored denim will ever be so out that people will laugh at you—like if you wear Uggs. I agree with DeCeal that matching everything to your jeans looks a little odd, haha.

posted over 11 years ago

iman
Style_council
iman

i like them. the only thing is, i would not wear them because i am more neutral in the clothes i pick. i would wear garnet colored jeans, though.

posted over 11 years ago

nevermindme
Style_council
nevermindme

I agree with the others, you should wear what you like and what you think looks great on you! It doesn’t matter if somethings the latest trend if you don’t like it or it just doesn’t suit you. I don’t have colored denim jeans but i do have a bright blue denim skirt which is new and I love to death. I also have bright blue denim shorts.
Maybe wear tunic tops dresses with them? Maybe a plain top and a waist belt in a different color than the jeans? :-D Hope you find some “fresh” wasy to wear it, the jeans soudn fab! I want them!

posted over 11 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I think they’re on the way out now that autumn is coming, but if you can rock them, keep wearing them I say.
I’ll still be wearing mine, I have baby pink, lemon yellow and a fuschia-ish purple colored pairs.

posted over 11 years ago

tan2
Style_council
tan2

for me, everythings in. ^^
if you like it, wear it.
i usually wear something ‘out’ together with ‘in’ items when i’m not in the mood to go against the trend..

posted about 11 years ago

mynameisemma
Style_council
mynameisemma

i HATE really skinny ones with neon colours
but if it’s straight and a cute colour it’s alright..

posted about 11 years ago

recklessenigma
Style_council
recklessenigma

Denim will always be in.

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I agree with recklessenigma!

Personally though, I’m over it. Mostly cuz my legs look weird in colored jeans.

posted over 7 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

Im loving the colored denim right now…I just bought a pair of blue ones and dyed a pair a darker red. My daughter has yellow, green, blue and also dyed a pair of hers the red…

posted over 7 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

So very, very in. I still need to acquire a rainbow of denim!

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password