Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sweetfreedom85
Style_council
sweetfreedom85

What do u guys think about plaid these days?….i think its overdone… everyone wears it so often that i think their killing the trend….. but then again i love wearing plaid botton downs with skinny jeans… it looks so cute.

posted over 10 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

It definetly is overdone now. I still wear my shirts but only on the rare occasion because I don’t want them to go to waste and they’re not bad shirts even if the trend has got really big. Or I can just put them away until the next time it comes back into fashion.

posted over 10 years ago

kkkeiOK
Style_council
kkkeiOK

It’s soooooooooo uber overdone. But it’s soooooooooo uber cute.

Don’t you hate it when a style you like becomes so everybody-is-doing-it, until it becomes NOT cool?

Hope the plaid craze goes away so I can wear my plaids again without feeling like an utter fashion trend victim.

posted over 10 years ago

raiscake
Style_council
raiscake

Yup, it’s really cute but overdone. At least the plaid shirt fad. Gotta be careful with how you make an outfit around it to avoid looking like you’re blindly following a trend.

posted over 10 years ago

dorianbubbles
Style_council
dorianbubbles

Aww..I’m guilty of loving this pattern to death though. I’m instantly drawn to anything plaid when I go out shopping. I need to stop though before my whole wardrobe is plaid-tacular.

posted over 10 years ago

claireella
Style_council
claireella

It’s overdone, but I love plaid.

posted over 10 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Yeah, I love plaid, but now I’m kind of inching away from it because everyone else is wearing it so much. Actually, the trend is kind of fading now.

posted over 10 years ago

goin
Style_council
goin

mikee_loves is spot on. i think we’re confusing buffalo check (the “red plaid”, or the “lumberjack with the hat to match” as Notorious B.I.G. called it) with traditional plaid, which i haven’t seen much of an unnatural increase in as of late. buffalo check, though, is on everything and should really… die. for the time being, at least. i love plaid… but like i love stripes. good basics without being too snooze-worthy.

posted over 10 years ago

Karolina
Style_council
Karolina

i like it worn alternatively.
I just bought some plaid tights i’m looking forward to wearing.

posted over 10 years ago

honeywithsole
Style_council
honeywithsole

i think it depends on how you work it. i just got an ew plaid dress yesterday for 7 dollars. couldnt resist the low price

posted over 10 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

Too mainstream. I have not seen it properly done around here and it’s pretty bad when I can look at a plaid shirt and tell it’s from Forever 21.

posted over 10 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I love plaid but am also terribly picky about it, and like frenchieee, I can’t stand that cheap looking stuff from f21. I prefer this kind of plaid 1000x better than "this"http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-set/BQcDAAAAAwoDanBnAAAABC5vdXQKFmVQSnQ1SUR4M1JHN1Z5TUYwUFJIamcAAAACaWQKAXgAAAAEc2l6ZQ.jpg

posted over 10 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I love plaid but am also terribly picky about it, and like frenchieee, I can’t stand that cheap looking stuff from f21. I prefer this kind of plaid 1000x better than this

posted over 10 years ago

juju_noodle85
Style_council
juju_noodle85

i agree plaid is great but not when it looks cheap

posted over 10 years ago

creamofthecrop
Style_council
creamofthecrop

I adore plaid, but more along the lines of the flannel tops with the plaid pattern which reminds me, is there much of a difference between plaid tops and flannel shirts (the ones with the plaid patterning) aside from the material and maybe the pattern? – for instance, the stripes are larger on a flannel compared to a plaid shirt sometimes.

posted over 10 years ago

EKittyJ
Style_council
EKittyJ

I don’t care if its over done I love it and will continue to wear it x3 I don’t listen to fashion advice much as it is >_>

posted over 10 years ago

Nikki
Style_council
Nikki

I’m addicted to it. I’m not really into floral prints and it breaks up all the stripes in my closet.

posted over 10 years ago

schizzoid
Style_council
schizzoid

I think plaid is cute. The lumberjack/bold thing is a little sketchy, but as pointed out, there are other plaids. The one plaid item that comes to mind that I hate though is the plaid shirt dress. It looks like you rolled out of your boyfriend’s bed, walked into the wrong closet and forgot about pants entirely.

posted over 10 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password