Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Blissy
Style_council
Blissy

Not those glorified tube tops you can get at Hot Topic or Charlotte Russe. REAL corsets. I can’t be the only one who wears them. This is where we’ll talk about our lovely corsets!

Underbust or overbust? Busk, front lacing, or even a zipper? Where do you wear yours? How often? What do wear it with? I myself have an underbust from Fallen Angel Fashions, I got it at the Ren Faire a couple of years ago. It’s black with a pattern of ornate black crosses on the front and back. Very subtle. I want to add rhinestones or sequins to the sides, they’re a bit plain and I like my corsets sparkly. It was my first and only corset, but I can’t wait to get more :D
posted over 9 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i’ve seen nice ones at the medieval fair but they were $300 or so. can’t afford that

posted over 9 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

My friend is a costume designer and last year she made me a steel-boned corset. It’s white with a subtle monochrome paisley pattern. It almost looks like the sort of thing you’d use with a wedding dress.

I’ve mostly just worn it to Ren Faires since I’m having trouble styling it with modern clothes. I really would love to wear it more often, so if anyone has some ideas I’d love to hear them!

posted over 9 years ago

teenageloveaffair
Style_council
teenagelovea...

I have two that are both front lacing and overbust. One is black satin with pale pink tulle trimming, and the other one is crimson lace. I wear them with jeans when I go out—they bring instant drama and glamor to tired denim. :)

posted over 9 years ago

Blissy
Style_council
Blissy

Pandaphilia, you can get a good corset for about $150 here- http://www.timeless-trends.com/ you should check the clearance section, they have a few for $75

MurasaNeko, what does your corset look like? Maybe we could give you a few outfit suggestions :D

TeenageLoveAffair, where’d you get your corsets? I’d love a front lacing one

posted over 9 years ago

CorinaFischer
Style_council
CorinaFischer

I want to get a corset, I think their goreous (though I don’t want it to constrict my breathing) I have already designed my grad dress and it has an exposed white corset(overbust with back lacing) with black lace overlay and a full skirt. Where can I get corsets though?

posted over 9 years ago

Blissy
Style_council
Blissy

It won’t constrict your breathing unless you lace it too tightly, but sitting will be a bit uncomfortable. Nothing to do with breathing, it’s just the top of the corset kinda digs into you.

White with black lace should be easy enough to find, you can check Etsy. Fairy Goth Mother has really nice corsets- http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk/Corsets.htm
Timeless Trends is really good too
Here’s a list of stores if they don’t have what you want.- http://www.chateaubizarre.com/categories/wardrobe/corsetry/

If you need any more help with anything feel free to message me :)

posted over 9 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

They look uncomfortable, I’ve never worn one before!

posted over 9 years ago

meg2177
Style_council
meg2177

they have really nice ones in the lingerie department at bloomingdales but they are expensive! so pretty tho!

posted over 9 years ago

lauraL
Style_council
lauraL

They look amazing. I want one!

posted about 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password