Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sarah
Style_council
sarah

I absolutely hate how girls are still wearing jean skirts with leggings. I know it was very huge trend last year, but that was last year! I mean, you either wear the skirt or you wear the leggings. It just annoys me when I see a girl twice my age still wearing skirts with leggings when she could’ve worn something more mature for her age.

posted over 11 years ago
1 2
itsumo
Style_council
itsumo

^^ Agreed. It depends on the way you style them..though, it looks like she’s wearing tights, not leggings, which, in my opinion, makes all the difference.

posted about 11 years ago

genna
Style_council
genna

hahhah yes i do think it was 2004 it started?
some ppl have no idea and i fkn hate it too lol
people at my school still wear flare jeans with skate shoes :|
wtfff that is a serious problem

YoureWrongImRight
Style_council
YoureWrongIm...

ive never even attempted that look. but some people pull it off gracefully, i have to say i dont find it tacky( when worn with tights or long footless leggings. but i hate it when chubby chicks jump at it. xD urgh.

kooffy7
Style_council
kooffy7

i totally hate it!! it just looks so unfashionable.. iunno why people even think of wearin em… ugh!

Rubyz
Style_council
Rubyz

Okay…I don’t get why people care if a certain clothing is on trend or not. Who cares if it’s past the trend? If they like wearing it, good for them.
If it looks awful on the other hand, then they really shouldn’t.

posted almost 11 years ago

nadiaisobel
Style_council
nadiaisobel

honestly, i dont think anyone should be wearing denim skirts with anything. sorry :(

Pink_Champagne
Style_council
Pink_Champagne

i think that whole look is rather unflatteirng, whether its in ‘style’ or not. if you’re going to wear the leggins, then wear them wtih stripper heels and a flowy tunic top, NOT a denim mini. if you absolutely CRAVE the mini, then wear it with tights and heels

kfab
Style_council
kfab

I tried this out two years ago and my gay friend laughed at me. From then on I didn’t dare to wear it again!

lovelydress
Style_council
lovelydress

TOTALLY OUT!! It was trendy about… two or three years ago, but, luckily, not anymore!!

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

Nobody round here wears it. I honestly wouldn’t mind a denim skirt with plain black leggings. minority of one ?

wallkingwallflower
Style_council
wallkingwall...

everyone on my school either wears the jean skirt+legging or the jean skirt+leg warmers. the latters worse, alot worse.

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I threw out my denim mini skirts, this past summer. I’m so glad I did but it disturbs me when girls in college are wearing them with legging and uggs.

gudetama
Style_icon
gudetama

this style is absolutely OUT.

meliam057
Style_council
meliam057

I don’t like jeans skirts in general, at least not on me

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

mikee-loves- I hate the multi-layer lace ones on the bottom of leggings even more, especially when they are bright neon colors.

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

YUCK I HATE THAT LOOK!
Its still might be ok for hollister highschool girls…but nothing makes me sadder than when I see a grown women trying to pull of a (GULP) denim mini with leggings even worse….. with uggs!

lauralovestoshop
Style_council
lauralovesto...

eeek! Oh gosh please do not attempt to wear this look or for that matter bring it back. I will admit years ago I did try to pull off this look and it even failed then:)
I would have to agree with nothing2wear that this look was for the high school crowd when it first came out and well should either stay there or never come back!!

TheEchosAnswer
Style_council
TheEchosAnswer

I don’t like denim skirts with leggings. I never have liked it. It just looks off to me.
A skirt or dress in a dressier material is okay though. I have leopard print leggings I like to wear with a short black skirt that buttons down the front.
I like cut off jean shorts with black leggings too :X, haha. It’s sort of hooker-ish though, I know….

Fredy
Style_council
Fredy

It looks really cute
….
on 7-year-olds and hookers.

Seriously, it makes most people look either childish or hookerish. Plus it doesn’t do any good for your legs.

Superbeckyy
Style_council
Superbeckyy

It CAN be cute, but the number of people wearing them wrong is horrific. The most unflattering leggings are those that cut off at mid-calf length – looks so bad! & people don’t wear them according to their body shape either. I’ve seen it look cute before, but only with pretty, full-length leggings on a person which suits the style.

New_user 27339 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 27339 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I don’t like denim skirts at all, so I don’t like this look…

posted over 10 years ago

prettycake
Style_council
prettycake

this look reminds me of 10-year-old girls who wear sparkly eyeshadow.

posted over 10 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

This was actually my first day of school outfit… in SEVENTH GRADE! (I’mm actually serious, I still have the leggings though). I’m about to be a junior in high school. Way too old.

posted about 10 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password