Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

what is your def of a label whore?what do you think of mine?

people who have to have the latest AX exchange, prada, burberry, dior,ralph lauren…even trickling down to those who only buy from jcrewh&m or bannana or people who cant wear any underwear unless its cashmere. to those people, i have to say do you wipe with silk? haha no you wipe with tp. to me your clothes isnt about what high end chain it came from, or how much you paid for it. you think you re stylish cuz your outfit all together cost $500 from only big names? no youre not unique is what you are. style is what you make it. if your style screams YOU then its stylish but if you cant come up with your own style without referring to the lastest prada and listening to the stylist…well its safe to say you lack some individual style cuz i could go in buy the exact same thing come out looking like you claiming to be stylish. these are label whores

posted over 10 years ago
1 2
SuzeV
Style_council
SuzeV

HA! So true! I go thrift shopping simply because I love the thrill of finding something cool and unique, label or no. But I found some nice wool Valentino slacks and I got hate mail saying I shouldn’t be cheap and spend my money on REAL ones… But they are real, anyway, I’m ranting.

To me, label whores are some — not all — trust fund babies who can’t and don’t know a good item is without letters known all over the world are.
posted about 8 years ago

SweetPandora
Style_council
SweetPandora

Sometimes I think a brand worths it. Ok, it is not about the logo, is about the quality. I don’t know you guys, but Catterpillar Company makes awesome shoes, besides they are comfortable and they last ages. I wouldn’t mind paying a lot of money (Where I live these shoes ARE expensive) if I know I am paying quality and years of lasting.

posted almost 8 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I’m not a label whore, but it is nice to spoil yourself with good things every so often. It does however, get annoying when all someone wears is a brand name. I love thrifting because it gives me a challenge to make an outfit fabulous

Meeukee1
Style_council
Meeukee1

After working in retail, both moderate and high end, I know the importance of quality vs quantity. A pair of black pants in Forever 21 will NOT look anything close to a pair of black pants in a Saks 5th Ave.store (it doesn’t matter what label it is, everything in Saks is high end). I love to find trendy things in Forever 21, or H&M, but if I want something to last (such as a boyfriend blazer) I save up and spend the loot. But you have to be practical, too. You can’t jump on the CTA with your Louis Vuitton handbag and not wonder if you’ll get robbed. Come on now!

1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password