Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
The_Perfect_Jeans
Style_council
The_Perfect_...

So, what do you guys think of all of the flare leg and wide leg jeans this season?

I don’t know about you, but I love it. I still love my skinnies, but my ankles are rejoicing at the breathing space!

I’m about to start working on an article on my website the perfect jeans about how to style flare and wide leg jeans so that you look 2011 and not 2003.

Anyone have any personal advice? Or better yet, any of you fashion bloggers or fashionistas want to have your picture included in the article?

Katie Holmes and Jessica Alba have really done a great job wearing them. How do you style them? Or, do you?

posted almost 9 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

honestly I haven’t seen that much wide leg jeans in the general population. I think I prefer skinnies though cuz they show off my legs more xP

hurricanekerrie
Style_council
hurricanekerrie

I say, Yay! I have a lot of slightly flared jeans because that’s what really works to balance my overall proportions (I have wide hips.) I like skinnies when I wear boots but I feel more balanced with the flares. I saw some at the Gap yesterday and they were gorgeous.

The_Perfect_Jeans
Style_council
The_Perfect_...

Skinny jeans are certainly verrryy sexy. In fact, a lot of workplaces that allow denim to be worn to work, or just on casual Fridays, don’t allow skinny jeans just because of how sexy they are! However, as hurricanekerrie mentioned, they aren’t for everyone. In fact, they can make even tiny women feel like they have super wide hips, so a lot of women will be feeling relieved!

I have dusted off some of my old flares and wide leg jeans and have been finding it’s a nice change. However, the newer styles—with the highers waists and more fitted through the thigh and knee styles—are really calling my name! (Especially 7 for all Mankind’s new styles!)

Might have to check Gap out, though!

XoXchrissstina
Style_council
XoXchrissstina

I don’t know why but flares never appealed to me that much…I’m more of a skinny jeans / boot cut type girl :)

Freck
Style_council
Freck

For The Love of Blogs wants to see more fashion blogs. Share them Here

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

wide and flared-legs don’t work for me because of my height and body type (makes me look shorter and stumpy) I know what cuts fit me best and they are straights and skinnies

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

I don’t know, I still wear skinny jeans.

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Personally I like it when both skinny and wider-cut jeans are popular at the same time, so I have a choice. I think flared/bootcut styles are more flattering on people with wide hips (like myself), and they are more professional and can work at the office if they allow jeans, whereas skinnies are questionable for work. However, I like how skinnies can really flatter my legs when worn with the right top, and they’re so much easier to tuck into boots.

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

I’m excited about wide legs and willing to give the flared look a go again but I don’t think I could ever get rid of my skinny jeans….

The_Perfect_Jeans
Style_council
The_Perfect_...

I still love my skinnies, too! I can remember the first time I saw someone wearing skinny jeans, I remember thinking “that will never last!” haha… so glad I’m wrong. Of course, I never imagined I would ever sport any and well, their a main staple of my denim wardrobe now!

I have always had a warm feeling toward any style that resembles the 60s-70s, to the bells and wide leg jeans are still so sexy to me, too. They just have to be styled right. I really like how the celebs are wearing them now, though!

RadioCure
Style_council
RadioCure

Seeing how other people are styling flared jeans makes them seem much more appealing than I remember. The way other bloggers style them, especially those who have a body shape similar to mine, is very inspiring.

When I started wearing skinny jeans, I realized just how effortlessly good they looked on me. The flared jeans that were in style before them, could never measure up. I swore I would never go back to flared jeans because I thought there was no way they could make my body look as good as my skinnies do.

But now, with some new ideas, I think I could give them a try again :)

kia
Style_council
kia

I haven’t seen how the celebs are styling flare jeans yet, but I would be interested in reading your article!

I have a good stock of flare jeans in my closet, so it will be very easy for me to bring them out again. I think I will when it is springtime and I won’t be wearing boots and skinnies anymore. Plus, flare jeans look great with my nautical gear :)

The_Perfect_Jeans
Style_council
The_Perfect_...

I agree, RadioCure, I have been really trying to study how others are wearing them for inspiration. The key is to not look like you did when you wore them ten years ago (and hopefully be able to still wear the same jeans from 10 years ago! :))

It seems that with the way that women are wearing anything from skinny jeans to wide bells, to baggy dress pants makes it clear that it really depends on the way that you fashion and wear your clothes with confidence. It’s pretty fun to see the way that styles are running in so many different directions to me!

And, kia, I’m working on getting the article together right now, so I’ll let you know when it’s up! ;) I, too, have a some flare and bells that I’ve held on to. I get a little attached to my clothes and have a hard time getting rid of them! I did get rid of a few pair that I wish I hadn’t. :( But, I guess it’s ok. If I didn’t purge them every once in a while, you’d see me on hoarders sooner or later. lol

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I just got into wearing jeans, and I personally don’t really like the wide leg trend at all.

I have pretty wide hips and I find that bootcut or wide leg is actually LESS flattering on me than skinny jeans, but I’m pretty short so maybe that’s the thing.

SilviaTirado
Style_council
SilviaTirado

not a fan. ill stick with my skinny bootlegs!

HerPhantasmagoria
Style_council
HerPhantasma...

I like wide-legged and flares only so long as I have high heels/wedges/anything that will elevate my height. Otherwise it just makes me look shorter.

marydberry
Style_council
marydberry

i have a few pair that i love. but everytime i go shopping i can’t help but pick up skinnies!

elyon61
Style_council
elyon61

I prefer skinny jeans to wide-leg jeans. Skinny jeans show off your shoes better, look better on petite frames, and don’t have the possibility of dragging on the ground. I think I’ll stick with skinny jeans.

BettyJane
Style_council
BettyJane

I’ve never liked skinny jeans, they were always too tight on me. I’ve actually been trying to get myself a pair of wide-legged and flared jeans for a while. I love their shape, the color, and the feel. Now, I just have to find me a pair of these awesome 60’s/70’s pants. :)

The_Perfect_Jeans
Style_council
The_Perfect_...

Hey guys, I finally got the flare and wide leg jean article up and whether you are a fan or a hater of flare and wide leg jeans, after seeing Megan Rose from DonatilaRose.blogspot.com show off how to rock this returning style, you will appreciate this look.

The article is at http://www.the-perfect-jeans.com/flare-jeans-2.html

moonstrukk714
Style_council
moonstrukk714

love the wide leg topshop jeans!

fashionstalker
Style_council
fashionstalker

It look me forever to find a pair of skinnies I loved and sat just right.. I was the biggest embracer of the bootleg- flare cut jeans but now, I just dont know if I could go back. It would take some persuasion but I think I would do it again

sakki89
Style_council
sakki89

I love wide leg jean and so happy they are back in season.

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

I LOVE to see wide leg jeans on other women, really nice and classy. But they never work one me, cause Im short I guess.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password