Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I’m curious, fellow Chictopians – how do you define your personal style?

posted over 7 years ago
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

My sense of personal style is still developing, but if there is one thing I have learned from my previous blogging adventures, it’s that sweet and feminine doesn’t work for me by itself. I feel awkward and out of place when wearing too many frills or florals – give me studs, black leather pants, a boyfriend cardigan and hemp bracelets and I’ll rock it like Kurt Cobain.

Aside from that, though, my mood usually determines my style for the day. Blazers, moto jackets, trenches, boho skirts, trousers, skinny pants, boots and wedges rule my closet (all in dark colors, of course). I do love skirts, as long as they’re not too adorable, and I love to change it up and do something crazy and unexpected whenever I can. For me, life is an ongoing game of dress up, and I dress according to who I want to be on any given day. I’ve come to embrace the fact that every day is not a photo shoot (life on a runway seems boring anyway), and that often a little imperfection is more beautiful (and real) than flawless hair, nails, make up and wardrobe. Life isn’t perfect, and I don’t need to be, either.

posted over 7 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

To be honest, I don’t really know. I’m still young, I mean, my 19th birthday is less than a week away and I still feel like I don’t really have my own sense of style. I dress sweet and feminine, but I also really dig leather jackets and Doc Martens. I guess I’m like sugar and spice.

posted over 7 years ago

NowhereGirl
Style_council
NowhereGirl

Just like KatieLeee I feel like I haven’t really found my style yet. (and, happy birthday in advance to you as well ;)) I am still trying to find out who I am and which style that is the best for me. But, right now, I do think that I would describe it as a mix of indie, vintage, what’s popular among the “cool” kids my age, what’s hated by the kids my own age, and some other stuff as well. But, it’s not really important for me to put a label on my style. I buy what I like, I wear what I like, no matter if it “fits” my style or not.

posted over 7 years ago

UniquecStyle
Style_council
UniquecStyle

i define my style & myself as UNIQUE only i can understand it & only my mind can define it lols. cant really be put into other words. i like to try new things & what ever i feel is me i choose to wear :D

posted over 7 years ago

LeaPeyton
New_user LeaPeyton is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When LeaPeyton reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
LeaPeyton

I don’t really know, yet.
But if I my life depended on it to explain to someone, I would say a “hippie rocker with a very little preppy on the side”
Haha.

posted over 7 years ago

Creatingafashionista
Style_council
Creatingafas...

My style is ever changing but I think its girly and classic! Also I like to just be me !

posted over 7 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

I like adding a touch of black or edginess to every outfit I wear. Where I’m from, people like to wear short shorts and singlet tops and generally look EXACTLY THE SAME, and i’ve always hated that. I’m in love with the victorian gothic period, but I don’t mind being girly every once in a while. I like accentuating my curves in dresses, and if I get it right, I look more houglass than the pear that I am. But I’ll always stay true to my black jeans and black top!

posted over 7 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I love all of your answers! I think knowing what you feel comfortable in is an important part of having a unique style. In today’s world if instant communication, what we wear tends to be the first clue to who we are when making first impressions.

posted over 7 years ago

kathrynb23
New_user kathrynb23 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When kathrynb23 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
kathrynb23

Preppy, neat, tidy and comfortable with minimal jewellery………When i want to dress up..
Most of the time its jeans and shirt/top

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password